21 June 2011

california, here we come

At the end of May, I traveled to Los Angeles for the wedding of S.R., one of my best friends from high school. I was there for a little over a week, so I also had time to drive down to San Diego to hang out with S.K., a friend from teaching in Texas, and her husband. The last time I saw them was at their wedding last July (the day before I moved to Costa Rica!), so it was great to see them again!

Here are some highlights from San Diego:

Happy after a trip to In 'n' Out...I had always wanted to go there!

Visiting the sea lions

And the seals

There was a big hubbub on this beach...apparently, some people are mad that the beach has been closed off to humans, so they were having a demonstration, which you can see in the background of this pic.
I loved these flowers!

Going through a tunnel to get closer to the ocean

Looking for tidal pools and dodging the waves that were coming up

I also hopped over to Coronado, which is very close to San Diego, to see my mom's best friend, M.T. for a few hours. They grew up together in North Carolina, and I hadn't seen her for about six years.

What a great trip! Seeing old friends is always so much fun, and I loved visiting the San Diego area for the first time!


1 comment: