17 May 2010

teachers, you make



Officially, Teacher Appreciation Week was May 3-7, but since I was out of town on the college field lesson with my students then, I'm recognizing this event today.

So, to all of my teachers, past and present, thank you for all you have done for me. I know it can take me a while to learn my lessons, and I am grateful for all of your hard work over the years.

I'd like to thank four teachers in particular:
Mrs. Ewing
Mrs. Clark
Ms. Ramakrishna
Mr. Blackburn
...for teaching me three of the most important "things" I've ever learned:
1. How to read and to love reading
2. How to find the answers to my questions
3. How to shake someone's hand
...and for cultivating my curiosity and desire to learn what I don't yet know.


Image via.

No comments:

Post a Comment