26 April 2010

3...2...1...taks!



Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills time (that's TAKS time to those in the know) is finally here! Tomorrow my kiddos will take their state math exam, followed by the reading exam on Wednesday. The little guys have been working so hard, and the math and reading teachers on my team are awesome, so I'm not worried, but rather am filled with a restless anticipation. One of my friends from college is an accountant, and we like to joke that we both have tax season at around the same time...just a different kind of TAKS! This year is the first one I haven't taught a TAKS-tested subject, so I feel less stressed, and at the same time, a little less in the know, than I have in years past. But I know everyone will rock it out.

Just the same...keep your fingers crossed for us over the next few days!


Image via.

No comments:

Post a Comment