17 November 2011

back in the saddle

For me, one of the best ways to make transitions smooth is to have very little time between things. If I have too much time to mull things over, I tend to dwell and get sad about the changes that are happening, so it's really best for me to just move from quickly from one thing to the next. I definitely got my wish with my transition back to the United States, as I began my new job the day after I got home! I arrived home on Sunday, 6/19, and began work in a new state on Monday, 6/10. Kind of a crazy fast transition, but that's the way I like it. I am working for Teach For America full time now, so I am not in my own classroom anymore. It's hard to think about sometimes. I was a teacher for six years, and while I know that's not a super-long time, it is the longest I've done anything, except be a person. But I really like my corps members (the teachers I'm working with), and their students are really cute--almost as cute as my former students--so that helps a lot. Out of respect for the teachers I'm working with and their students, I won't talk much about them here, but I wanted to update you all as to what I'm doing now. It's interesting to see a different side to the same mission I dedicated so much time to in the past, and I'm enjoying it so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment