26 July 2010

movin' on up, to the east side


I've pretty much finished settling into my apartment. I channeled my inner Jeffersons-self and found an apartment in Sabanilla, a town that overlooks the East side of San Jose. There are a few things that I need to pick up from a general-type store, and I'm still waiting for a few boxes to make it through customs, but I expect to have all of those things by the end of the week.


Here are some pictures of the view from my apartment's windows and of the front yard/garden area:









As you can see, it's super green here, partly because it's the middle of the rainy season. It storms at least once a day, but that seems to happen in the middle of the day, when I'll be at work.

I started work today, as well. My co-workers seem really nice, and the school is beautiful. I'll post pictures of the school tomorrow. For now, I have to run to the grocery store to get a few things before the next thunderstorm rolls in!


Jeffersons image via.

2 comments: