22 June 2010

road trip!

I left the Rio Grande Valley this morning, heading north on my way back to New York to leave my car with my parents.

Although I'm sad to be leaving the Valley,

I'm looking forward to going tubing with friends along the Guadalupe River near San Antonio,

stopping in Austin to take care of some work Visa paperwork,


checking out Palo Duro Canyon State Park in the Texas panhandle,

stopping in Houston to take care of some more work Visa paperwork,

relaxing in the Hot Springs National Park in Arkansas,

checking out the caves at Mammoth Cave National Park in Kentucky,

admiring the view at Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee,

creeping through the swamp at Congaree National Park in South Carolina,

spending time with family in North Carolina,


climbing mountains at Shenandoah National Park in Virginia,

and finally, visiting my parents in Ithaca, New York, before I take off for Costa Rica!
It's not exactly the most direct route, I know, but I have the time now to visit these places, and I think it'll be a great way to see some of the country before I leave. I have some posts scheduled for while I'm gone, so be sure to check in!


Images via, via, via, via, via, via, via, via, via, via, via, via, via, and via.

No comments:

Post a Comment